May 01, 2007

World Cup : My picks

Now that the cricket world cup is over. Here are some of my picks. Just expressing myself in this post on whom I liked. I dint watch much matches, just had an occasional glimpse of a few matches. Am posting based on those glimpses and the newspaper reports/cricinfo/prempanicker reports.

My picks :
my favourite batsman : Mathew Hayden ( marauding bull )
my favourite bowler : Lasith Malinga ( wish him greater things! )
my favourite coach : Tom Moody (pls pick him for India)
my favourite team : Sri Lanka (minus arnold, maharoof & fernando)
my favourite innings : Gilly in final ( just glorious )

my man of the tournament : Mathew Hayden.
reason : Most of the pitches were bowler friendly especially in the first 10 overs. A lot of players had taken wickets close to McGrath. Malinga, Murali, Shaun Tait all were just three or so wickets less than McGrath. In contrast, Mathew Hayden was the most dominating batsman in the tournament, scored runs at a fast pace even on bowler friendly pitches, so my award goes to him :)

2 comments:

Senthil Kumaran said...

Hayden was my favorite too. He was like a raging bull, fearless.

Kannappan said...

hmmmm cool :)